“Replace WT Box”
If “Replace WT Box” appears on your machine’s display, the waste toner box has reached the end of its life and a new waste toner box will need to be installed. The yield of a waste toner box is approx. 50,000 pages (A4/Letter single sided pages). Please purchase and install a new waste toner box (WT223CL).
To replace or install the waste toner box, follow the steps listed below:
1. Turn off the machine.
2. Open the top cover until it locks in the open position.
3. Remove all of the drum unit and toner cartridge assemblies.
We recommend placing the drum and toner assemblies on a clean, flat surface with disposable paper underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
4. Hold the green handle of the belt unit and lift the belt unit up, then pull it out without letting it touch the machine.
5. The waste toner box may be secured by an orange packing clip. Twist the clip and remove from the machine (this clip may be discarded).
6. Hold the green handle of the waste toner box and remove the waste toner box from the machine.
7. Unpack the new waste toner box.
8. Use a dry lint free cloth to clean the three metal contacts on the right hand side of the waste toner box.
9. Use a dry lint free cloth to clean the three corresponding metal contacts on the right hand side inside the machine. These look like small key rings.
10. Push in on each of the three metal contacts inside the machine to make sure each one springs back into place.
– If any are stuck, try to unstick them and test them by pushing in on them again.
– If any are stuck inward and cannot be unstuck, go to Warranty Options
11. Install the new waste toner box in the machine using the blue handle. Make sure the waste toner box is level and fits firmly into place.
12. Install the belt unit back into the machine. Make sure the belt unit is level and fits firmly into place.
13. Reinstall the drum unit and toner cartridge assemblies into the machine by sliding them into the correct slot by matching the toner cartridge color to the same color label on the machine.
14. Close the top cover of the machine. You will hear a loud click when the top cover is closed firmly.
15. The new waste toner box is automatically detected by the machine.Brother WT223CL waste toner