The Brother color printer is a great printer. Unfortunately, there is one huge problem with it, in that it counts how many prints are done, and tells you the toner is low even though there is plenty left. In fact, I only normally print black and white, and so none of the color toners should be empty, yet it will not print unless you replace them all.
I found the following fix on amazon in the comments section. It resets The fix is as follows:
- Turn the printer off and then on again, with the switch on the right side.
- Open cover and leave open for remaining steps.
- Press Cancel and Secure Print buttons at the same time.
- Press the + button and scroll through the colors that need to be reset. (reset both STR and STD when prompted.) Reset them all.
- Press OK (twice, once for STR and STD)