- Power the printer off using the power switch located on the right side of the printer, toward the back.
- Wait until the printer has cooled. This will take approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove Tray 1 and set it aside.
- Press the button on the top, right side of the printer to open the Front Cover.
- Lower the Transfer Belt by pulling on the two green tabs.
- Using a flashlight, inspect the gaps in the Imaging Unit and remove any paper debris from the area.
Remove the imaging Unit:
CAUTION: Do not drop or shake the imaging Unit after removal because Toner can spill from it.
- Turn the four twist-locks 90 degrees to the left to unlock the unit.
- Grasp the Imaging Unit by its peach-colored pull-tabs on the top edge. Pull the unit forward and up, and then out of the printer.
CAUTION: Do not touch the shiny blue Transfer Belt.
- Place the Imaging Unit on a flat surface and cover it with a sheet of paper to minimize its exposure to light.
- Using a clean, dry, lint-free cloth or swab, clean all debris from the laser lens.
- Check for and remove any debris around the imaging unit gears, located on the left side of the unit.
Reinstall the imaging unit:
- Grasp the Imaging Unit by its peach-colored pull-tabs on the top edge and install the unit in the printer. Make sure to insert the unit into the guides in the printer, and then push the unit all the way back into the printer.
- Turn the four twist-locks 90 degrees to the right to lock the unit.
- Pull the orange protective cover out and then down from the top, center of the Imaging Unit.
- Close the Front Cover.
- Insert Tray 1 into the printer.
- Power the printer on. A “Ready to Print” message will be displayed on the Display Screen.