Replace the fuser and reset the fuser count on your Xerox Workcentre 6505.
WARNING: The Fuser and surrounding area may become hot during operation. To avoid injury, be careful while working in this area.
- Power the printer off using the power switch located on the right side of the printer, toward the back.
- Disconnect the power cord and allow the Fuser to cool for 30 minutes.
- When the Fuser has cooled, press the button on the top right side of the printer to open the Front Cover.
- Lower the Transfer Belt by pulling on the green tabs.
- Pull the gray lever to release the lock on the right side of the Fuser.
- Swing the right side of the Fuser toward you to unplug the Fuser connector.
- Lift the Fuser up, and then to the right to remove it.
CAUTION: Do not expose the Imaging Unit to any light source for more than five minutes. Prolonged exposure to light may damage the unit. Cover the Imaging Unit with a light shield (such as a sheet of paper). Do not touch the shiny black Transfer Belt.
- Remove the new Fuser from the shipping packaging. Use the box that the new Fuser is packed in to pack the old Fuser.
- Slide the new Fuser into the printer aligning the two pins on the left into the printer.
- Slide the right side of the Fuser into the printer, and then push inward to lock the Fuser into place. Make sure the latches are fully locked.
- Raise the Transfer Belt back to its original position.
- Close the Front Cover.
- Connect the power cord, and then power the printer on. A “Ready to Print” message will be displayed on the Display Screen.
- Reset the Fuser counter.
- Press the [System] button on the Control Panel.
- Press the [Up] or [Down] arrow button until “Admin” is displayed on the Display Screen, and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the [Up] or [Down] arrow button until “Maintenance” is displayed, and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the [Up] or [Down] arrow button until “Reset Fuser” is displayed, and then press the [OK] button. An “Are you sure?” message will be displayed.
- Press the [OK] button to start the process.
When the process is complete, the Maintenance Mode – Reset Fuser menu will be displayed.
- Press the [Menu] button to return to “Ready” mode.
- Press the [System] button to return to the normal screen.